Astrid has moved...

The continuation of her journey as a new mom can be found at her new blog, Everything After.

New to the blog? ICLW?

Read the backstory here.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ovulation detected

According to my BBTs and Fertility Friend, I have ovulated. Which means I've had at least 3 days (actually 5 now) of temps elevated above the coverline. I have to admit I fudged the data a little (not the temps tho, I don't fuss with those). I saw the temperature shift just after some serious EWCM but the FF software didn't draw a crosshairs - probably because by now my 'cycle' is about 100 days long and the shift didn't mean much compared to the prior hundred days of variable temps. It only shifted with regard to the two weeks prior. So I had to pick a day about 14 days prior to the shift to be an artificial AF. Then it put all of the latter data points on a new graph and bingo. Ovulation detected on day 15. I certainly hope it means what I think it does. Best case, I'll get AF in about 10 days and be trying again by the end of the month. Here's an anticipated problem though. DH, without knowing any of this, mentioned he might be away at the end of the month for work. I absolutely deflated and haven't said anything yet since it may not even happen. And if it does, it might be one or two nights. And I'm still not sure if that will be an appropriate time according to my extremely volatile 'cycles.' Or if I will have a zero HCG by then and the ok from my Dr. So trying not to stress too soon. But it would be just my luck if he's gone for the entire fertile window. Even if we end up missing it though, and even if my dr. says to continue to abstain (and I actually listen), if I have AF in ten-ish days, I will be so happy that it probably won't bother me much. DH thinks he's going to prune his sabbatical trip down to 1 month. So that gives us plenty of trying time over the summer. Now that my friends have had their babies there is a little less urgency for me. Not sure what that is. Is it that there's no possibility of sharing that condition for now? Or ever, since their first pregnancies are over... Or is it that I've seen them with their kids now and it has made me think - yeah, I can wait a while for that kind of responsibility and state of being completely tied down.

I went to a baby shower for a friend this weekend, so I guess not all of my friends have had their babies. And no doubt some of them will be pg again by the time i ever get to that. Anyway, it was not as hard as I thought it would be. I got a couple pangs of sadness. Like when I first saw the 'it's a girl' balloons outside her house and when she opened all of her adorable presents. And when I saw the nursery. Good lord it was all very adorable. But by and large I was ok with it. Even when someone pointed at me and said "who's next?" I think it gave me hope that this particular pregnant friend had a m/c before being pg with this one. Miracles do happen. I can't wait for mine.

No comments: