Astrid has moved...

The continuation of her journey as a new mom can be found at her new blog, Everything After.

New to the blog? ICLW?

Read the backstory here.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Spotting

I'm spotting. Brown. So far. No cramping. But still, this is distressing. There is no reason I can think of for spotting right now - waaaay past implantation, no sex in days... If I were going to miscarry, this would be a perfectly normal time for that to happen - 6.5 weeks. I didn't think this week could go any slower, clearly I was wrong.

UPDATE: I don't want to jinx it but, at least for now, the spotting seems to have lightened. And it hasn't turned red or pink. And my symptoms are alive and well, I'm about to down my third zofr@n of the day. So unless things get worse, I think I'm not going to call the dr. I'll just raise the issue at my next appt and tell the DH a few more days w/o sex ain't gonna kill him.

What a great way to bring in the new year. In the words of the great Count!ing Cr0ws - "maybe this year will be better than the last."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been told that brown blood is old blood, so maybe it's just clearing out?

I hope for the best with your ultrasound!

Anonymous said...

I had spotting for a day (brown blood) at 9 wks with my son and it was where the placenta knocked a blood vessel according to the RE.

With this pregnancy, I had less then a day of brown blood, mixed with red and cramping. I am now 18 weeks and they suspected it was the other blast not making it (I got a superearly positive test and then saw a sac with no heartbeat.)

My friend spotted her entire first trimester. My RE always said brown is old, if red and cramping call asap. Your nausea is a great sign that all is going well.

Praying for you.

Kelley

Andrea said...

I know there is nothing anyone can do or say to ease your thoughts right now, but know that we are thinking of you and sending you well wishes.

Like the other ladies have said, brown spotting can be perfectly normal. And, some women spot through an entire pregnancy on and off. A dear friend of mine is experiencing the same (has been since week 5) and all is well at 11 weeks. Don't hesitate to call your Dr if you need to, as that is what they are there for. Call as much as you need to :)

Hugs and Love to you,
Andrea
www.persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

Melissa G said...

I agree with the other ladies as well.

Do you think it's possible to play your 'history' card with your doctor and ask to come in sooner?

Praying for you.

Melissa said...

I'm thinking of you & know that this- spotting - is normal but I also know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better. Know that you're in my prayers tonight.

And please do call your Dr.

Anonymous said...

oh no! well it's true, brown does mean old and the doctors always say spotting is perfectly normal so let's just hope it's nothing.

Anonymous said...

oh no! well it's true, brown does mean old and the doctors always say spotting is perfectly normal so let's just hope it's nothing.

Erin said...

I stumbled onto your blog -- I had brown spotting, too, and it was at that point that I had an U/S and found out we were having twins. I know it's so scary -- but try to hang in there. Good luck!