The line today was a huge disappointment. It was still there but it was still impossibly faint and took the full 10 minutes to show up. ZERO percent darker than yesterday's. zero. I'm trying to tell myself that at these levels (I'd say the number can't be more than 10-20 - judging from the numerous HPTs I've done on the same day as a beta) a time span of 23 hours between tests doesn't guarantee much of a change in color. I made that guess - 10 to 20 before looking at the HCG value chart which states that the median HCG value for 10dpo is 16, 11dpo is 24, and 12 dpo is 37. So maybe I'm right on track. Or maybe I'm full of sh**. I half expect AF to not only show up, but to show up right on time - which would be anytime between tomorrow and monday.
There is the whole - each test is different, each pee sample is different - and these are seriously cheap tests. Still though, I wish I didn't have to keep telling myself these things. I wish it was just darker. Whatever. It's 11dpo. I shouldn't be playing with pee sticks this early anyway. I deserve what I get. Way to make the 2ww even more torturous, Astrid!
My symptoms seem..."more" which is nice. I feel really warm. I fluctuate between feeling like I couldn't stomach eating anything to being in a state where I'm shaking with starvation. My nipples are occasionally sore. I have that heavy-but-not-exactly-like-AF feeling. I feel dizzy and out of it. And here's something weird (and tmi) - sex feels different. I remember this from my first pregnancy - is it just me? It seems to hurt in certain positions - not much, but noticeably.
Also had a huge jump in temp today. Though it was so big I'm wondering if it was a fluke.
This whole thing might be a fluke. On one hand, it is comforting that sperm and egg have met, once again. On try #2 no less. On the other, if it is impossible for me to have a healthy pregnancy, this could be over before it's begun and could have dire implications for the future. One more choromosomal problem data point.
I need to keep my wild conjectures in check. I'm starting to wonder if I should have just waited to see if AF came before testing. Or if I should move to every-other-day HPTs. But I don't think I could ever exercise that kind of self-restraint. So here I sit. And continue to obsess. And while I'm at it I'm sending good vibes to the others of you who are in the 2ww. May yours have swifter resolution than mine.
15 years ago

5 comments:
Hang in there, it is JUST 11dpo and testing each day can have different results - testing every other day is really ideal. Plus those are the nasty tests that messed with my head last cycle (don't trust them!) I'll be praying it's not a chemical pregnancy :)
I've never used those cheap tests, but I've gotten a false positive before even with the grocery store brands, EPT I think? (neg HPT but beta was 40); so especially at 11dpo try not to read into it too much. Like you said, it's only 11dpo and the tests are super cheap. Maybe go buy a nice one at the grocery store if it'll ease your mind. $5 is worth saving some sanity. Good luck!!!
I got faint positives with both my pregnancies at 9-11dpo ( we did IVF so 6dp5dt and 6dp3dt.) I used First Response Early Response (FRER) and they always worked for me. When I was not pregnant there was never an evaporation line and when I was it got a TINY bit darker til 14dpo when it was nice and dark.
I only use these because with EPT and cheap dollar store tests (that are supposed to detect 10 and up) I always got evaporation lines. It is still really early, but as someone else suggested, maybe go buy some drug store ones? FRER is supposed to detect 5 days sooner, and they come in 2-3 packs. Also they say 25 and up but detected mine both times at 12 and up.
Hoping you get a nice dark line tomorrow!
Astrid, I would so be doing what you're doing if I had those HPT's on hand. I've decided to just listen to my body before going out and buying any tests. And my body tells me it's not this cycle so I'm just waiting for AF now. You have symptoms and signs so hang in there and trust your body more than a faint pink line that isn't getting darker. Those things are cheap for a reason, right? :)
Keep your chin up...
The 2ww is real torture and I'm so sorry the time is passing so slowly. I'm in the throws of "the 2 worst weeks myself" and am trying not to read too much into it, as I only disappoint myself. For you, I pray that line gets darker...go little line go, GET DARKER! Now!!!
Praying for you, me and everyone else who is on this journey and sending loads of sparkly baby dust out! May it land in your lap!
HUGS
Post a Comment